Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The road to an American Girl Doll

My niece was told by grandma that she would get a real American Girl Doll when she is 8 years old. Grandma, however, was not specific as to when in that year she would get it. Last Saturday was her 8th birthday party and what do you suppose the gift of the hour was? You guessed it! The day she long awaited had come at last.  Here is a picture review of the excitement complete with captions.


Grandma has a present!
                                                             Hmm ... What could it be?
                                                            What is in this plain ol' box?
                                                All that work and i still need to open it more?
                                                                     Help Grandma help!
                                                     You're too slow. I'll do it myself!
                                                      Another box inside? It is Red...
                                                                Oh! I know what it is.
                                                                      I'm not sharing.
                                                          My very own American Girl Doll!
                                                       I must get her out of the box pronto.
                                                                          I love her.
Auntie Jessie made her a princess dress!
                                                                              It sparkles
                                                        My dolly has a Halloween costume!
                                                     We shall have many adventures together.


Little Sister wanted to get in on the fun too. How about this adorable pic?
                                                       I hope you enjoyed my little photo story.
Do you have one of your own? How fun it would be to share these moments with each other. -Jessica

2 comments:

Karen M. Owen said...

I love this! Thank you for posting it!
Congrats on being a doll diaries Spotlight site! I look forward to following your adventures now!

Dolls4jessica said...

Thank you karen. I adore your blog.